Many patients and doctors attribute the majority of ano-rectal complaints to hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are not necessarily the culprit and surgery is often not required. In fact, many other conditions can cause the symptoms often attributed to hemorrhoids including:
- Presence of a lump or mass
- Presence of extra tissue or protrusion with defecation
I am expert in the surgical and non-surgical treatments of the above symptoms and all conditions of the ano-rectal region including:
- Anal fissure
- Pruritus Ani/Perianal Dermatitis
- Ano-Rectal Abscess/Fistula
- Anal Warts (Condylomata/HPV)
- Anal Cancer
- The diagnosis of colon and rectal cancer
- Skin tags
- Fecal incontinence
- Pilonidal Disease (not a true ano-rectal disorder)
Many patients have a great deal of anxiety about being examined in the ano-rectal region. This is completely understandable. Don’t worry, as I promise to perform the exam in a manner that respects your dignity and I will never perform an exam that causes pain.
Most non-cancerous disorders can be treated in the office or with an outpatient surgical procedure. I favor conservative, non-operative treatments for most of these conditions.
Unlike the recently opened ‘fast-food’ surgical franchises offering hemorrhoidal treatments, I am expert in the entire range of office and operative procedures for hemorrhoidal problems including:
- The latest forms of banding
- Infra-red coagulation
- Excisional hemorrhoidectomy
For fissures, I offer a variety of non-operative and operative options, and strongly favor the non-operative approaches.
I treat all forms of anal fistula disease and am expert in:
- The placement of setons
- Advancement flap procedures
- The recently developed LIFT procedure
Read more patient tips for preparing and recovering from general surgery, colorectal surgery, colonoscopy, or the removal of lumps and bumps.
Read specific post operative instructions for AnoRectal surgery.