The COVID-19 outbreak has been a sobering situation for all of us in the United States and the world at large. These are unprecedented times, and we all are experiencing information overload. From all of us at The Sternberg Clinic we hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe.
The Sternberg Clinic has been closed since March 16th and we are eager to get back to what we love, caring for patients. We anticipate reopening on Monday, August 31st and plan on restarting operating that week. Please understand that the reopening of San Francisco is very fluid, may change, and is out of our control as our local and state government is in charge of the plan. Capacity in the operating rooms is not quite back to where things were before COVID as we are practicing social distancing at all facilities. Due to the social distancing requirements, the normal cadence of our practice is a bit different from our usual. We will do everything that we can to make the experience work well and go smoothly. Most of the changes are recommended by the Centers for Disease control and are specific for physician’s practices.
In the meantime, and at least until August 31, 2020 The Sternberg Clinic is not open for business. We are answering the phones and are more than happy to answer any questions that you may have about pilonidal issues and the Cleft Lift procedure and have started a wait list for patients interested in surgery. We are so very sorry about how this crisis is affecting you and all of us.
So that you are prepared when you visit us, here are some of the safety measures that we are implementing. As many of our patients do typically travel with friends and family members, please understand that we are required to limit traffic and visitors during this crisis.
Precautions for your and our safety:
- We are spacing appointments so that you are unlikely to encounter another patient while visiting with us.
- You must arrive with a mask and keep it on at all times. Anyone who will not wear a mask will be required to leave.
- Any friends or family members accompanying patients 18 or older will be asked to wait in the lobby or outside. Dr. Sternberg is more than happy to Facetime with family members during his discussion with patients.
- 1 family member or friend is permitted for our patients who are under 18.
- We ask that most scheduling questions or questions for our staff are conducted by email or phone to avoid close contact.
- Everyone’s temperature will be checked upon arrival and everyone will need to respond to a COVID exposure and symptom questionnaire. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 you will not be able to enter the office or proceed with surgery.
- Everyone will be required to sanitize her/his hands upon arrival.
- Unfortunately, we will no longer have magazines in the waiting room.
We look forward to caring for you and will do our best to make these changes work.
– All our best from The Sternberg Clinic’s staff
Meet Your Surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Sternberg
After many years performing major abdominal operations including open and laparoscopic resections for colon cancer, rectal cancer, Crohn’s disease, and Ulcerative colitis, I have chosen to concentrate my efforts in a few highly specialized areas of surgery where I feel I can make the greatest positive impact on patients.
Meet the Office Staff
Read success stories from surgery patients
- ‘I couldn’t believe that my life was back to normal’I am a 24-year-old recovered patient from the Cleft Lift procedure. I first found out I had Pilonidal Disease when I was 19 and it was definitely some weird news to me (I got the Cleft Lift when I wasContinue reading “‘I couldn’t believe that my life was back to normal’”
- ‘Highly effective’: Recommendation from a patient of 20 yearsI have been a patient of Dr. Sternberg for roughly 20 years and always found him to be very professional, knowledgeable with a wonderful demeanor. This also goes for his office staff. All my procedures and treatments have been asContinue reading “‘Highly effective’: Recommendation from a patient of 20 years”
- Thanks from a Cured High School StudentAfter our daughter endured three failed surgeries by other providers to treat her pilonidal disease and missed nearly a year of high school, we turned to Dr. Sternberg. Our daughter was so worried that a Cleft Lift would radically changeContinue reading “Thanks from a Cured High School Student”
Contact our San Francisco Office
To learn more about treating your Pilonidal Disease with surgery and the Cleft Lift procedure, contact our office staff for information or to schedule an appointment.
Did Dr. Sternberg treat your pilonidal disease? Submit a Patient Testimonial
Mon – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Member of ASCRS, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation,
American College of Surgeons, and Pilonidal Support Alliance