The Sternberg Clinic is open again! We are doing all that we can to make this reopening safe and easy to navigate for patients and staff alike. We’ve instituted carefully thought-out policies due to the pandemic. There will be daily temperature checks of all staff, patients, and visitors. We’ve spaced out our patient appointments so that the office is never crowded. And, we’ve instituted state of the art sanitizing procedures including an industrial fogger to sanitize al difficult to clean places. So, while the typical cadence of our practice is different than normal, it should still feel familiar and go smoothly. Many of the changes that we have instituted are recommended by the Center for Disease Control. In some instances, we have added more extensive safety efforts than are recommended.
So that you are prepared when you visit us, here are some of the safety measures that we are implementing. As many of our patients do travel to us with friends and family members, please understand that we are required to limit traffic and visitors during this crisis.
Due to new regulations in San Francisco to improve social distancing, and limit everyone’s exposure to other people, we must change the flow of business in our office. We greatly appreciate your understanding, and cooperation.
- All new patients must fill out our NP paperwork and email it to us along with a photo of the front and back of their insurance card prior to their appointment with Dr. Sternberg.
- In order that we have time to sanitize our exam rooms prior to your appointment we ask that you call the office (415.417.3377) upon your arrival at 2100 Webster Street and wait in the large lobby (or in front of the building). We will call you when we are ready for you to come up to suite 400. It’s likely that we will be ready for you when you arrive.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we may need to have you reschedule your appointment.
- Only the patient (no family members) will be allowed into our office unless the patient is under the age of 18, and then only one family member or guardian will be allowed to accompany the patient. Dr. Sternberg is happy to Facetime with a family member during the visit if requested.
- If on the day of your appointment you are experiencing any of the following symptoms you will not be permitted to enter our office. Please call our office to reschedule your appointment.
- Fever (100 F or over) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- All patients and accompanying adults will be required to sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- Mask-wearing is mandatory at all times.
- Everyone entering our office will be required to have a “no-touch” temperature check.
- We ask that most scheduling questions or questions for our staff are conducted by email or phone to avoid close contact. Please email us at email@example.com.
- Please remember if you are having surgery with Dr. Sternberg, you must have a negative COVID testy within 6 days of surgery. As soon as you take the test, you are required to limit your contact with individuals outside of your household: that is, you “must shelter in place and wear a mask at all times when you are outside for essential activities”. This is to limit your chance of contracting COVID 19 before your surgery.
- Unfortunately, we will no longer have magazines in the waiting room. We are required to create a low-touch environment.
Many Thanks. We strive to keep our office as safe as possible during these challenging times. We look forward to caring for you and will do our best to make these changes work.
– The Staff of The Sternberg Clinic
The COVID rules seem to change every week in California. You may have heard that California now has a 14-day quarantine rule for anyone traveling to California from another state. That’s true but there are exceptions. The important exception is that anyone who is traveling to California for medical or surgical care is exempt from the quarantine. The COVID-19 testing requirements still are in place, so you must have a negative COVID test within 6 days of your scheduled procedure and you must arrive no more than 36 hours before your scheduled procedure or you will have to take a COVID test in San Francisco after your arrival.
– All our best from The Sternberg Clinic’s staff
Meet Your Surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Sternberg
After many years performing major abdominal operations including open and laparoscopic resections for colon cancer, rectal cancer, Crohn’s disease, and Ulcerative colitis, I have chosen to concentrate my efforts in a few highly specialized areas of surgery where I feel I can make the greatest positive impact on patients.
Meet the Office Staff
Read success stories from surgery patients
- ‘Our daughter smiling again and the pain gradually subsiding’Our daughter experienced back pain a few years ago, and we thought that it was a pilonidal cyst. There were several reasons for this. First, we had experiences in our family with a cyst that was successfully removed. Second, theContinue reading “‘Our daughter smiling again and the pain gradually subsiding’”
- ‘I have not felt this good since I can remember’After many failed attempts and countless Doctors, E.R’s and Dermatologist visits to get my cyst under control, I was at my breaking point. I currently live in New Hampshire and I wanted this surgery done by someone I knew IContinue reading “‘I have not felt this good since I can remember’”
- ‘Forever grateful to have met Dr. Sternberg and his team’Everything about the Sternberg Clinic is a breeze! I suffered with Pilonidal disease for almost 3 years. After 3 failed surgeries and countless cauterization procedures done by doctors, like frogs in a well, unwilling to follow new advancements in medicine,Continue reading “‘Forever grateful to have met Dr. Sternberg and his team’”
Contact our San Francisco Office
To learn more about treating your Pilonidal Disease with surgery and the Cleft Lift procedure, contact our office staff for information or to schedule an appointment.
Did Dr. Sternberg treat your pilonidal disease? Submit a Patient Testimonial
Mon – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Member of ASCRS, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation,
American College of Surgeons, and Pilonidal Support Alliance